Sunflower Drama

watercolor by Irina Sztukowski

Quite a drama happened in my backyard; and, I want to share here.

 I was determined to paint lots of sunflowers this season. With this in mind, I planted two rows of sunflowers next to the shed. They started looking promising and cute in a couple of weeks of intensive watering:

However, my dreams to paint live sunflowers did not match plans of Mr Squirrel that came to the back yard. Yes, yes, the squirrel just like the one in this drawing by the artist Masha Batkova.. 

Here is her Little Hungry Thief:
Drawing by Maria Batkova 
This animal (small in size, but with the BIG appetite) crawled on each and every sunflower and ate the tops of the flowers...

Completely!!  

One of the sunflower he knocked down to use as the step; and, therefore, this one survived. 

I saved it and cherished watching it opening in my dining room:

But idea to create did not leave my mind. It even became stronger; and, I decided to "make a lemonade" when "life gave me a lemon" ...

I grabbed all necessary tools and created Italian Cafe scene for the collage Sunflowers For Two (see above)

Then I placed the sunflowers into a blue vase and the still life The Bunch Of Sunflowers was born. I've even decorated the Sunflowers of mine with the rustic canvas background and created a festive 3D artwork collage called Sunflowers Bouquet.



Watercolor by the artist Irina Sztukowski

watercolor collage Irina Sztukowski

And at last but not least, I managed to place a bunch of watercolor sunflowers into the basket and send it on a bicycle to a vintage style country scene:

watercolor by the artist Irina Sztukowski

Watercolor painting design Basket Full Of Sunflowers

Basically, I've learned a very important lesson in my artistic life:

If life give you a Squirrel, Make some Sunflower Bouquets 
:0)



www.artirina.com





Popular Posts