Abstract Paintings

abstraction for interior of the home

After working on several commissions that involved not only the strict suggestions, artist's discipline, and realistic paintings techniques; I really wanted to rest my imagination on the abstract art. Researching recently how to work with mixed media, I applied several of those techniques to my watercolor paintings when created a totally new (at least for me) abstract artworks.

Needless to say, it did involve imagination and artist's skill; but this time I was moving the "brush strokes" applying only feelings and trying to abstract my mind from the realism.

And that is how a new Mixed Media additions to my Abstract Galley got created.
The warm yellow and brown fascinated my imagination. I saw some earthy, wavy, rocky texture; and, I called these series The Terrestrial Brush Strokes.

Another one was definitely reminding me a strong ocean filled with dynamic movements.

I called it The Sea Of Emotions:


brown yellow abstraction


When I introduced these earthy designs to one of my dear art collectors, I've heard a reasonable question: Why it is so brown? Can it be in some cooler colors, like for example purple, too?

I thought: There is nothing impossible for the Mixed Media and a wild imagination; and, the Purple Reflection series was created:

cool color organic art
 And later, for Some Likes It Hot, I've managed to put my artwork on fire an ignited the art designs that can make anyone warm :)

square art
These and a few more Mixed Media designs found a great home in my Abstract Art Gallery; and soon they will travel the world in forms of prints, canvases, metal, and acrylic prints.


www.artirina.com

Popular Posts