Vintage Window With the Bicycle And The Basket

realism in watercolor

The commission painting for my customer is now completed. It took long for the composition to be settled. The journey was fun and full of explorations.
My customer wanted a country style painting with a bicycle that has a flower basket and an old window with shutters. I loved the idea; and, I offered several paintings and ideas to choose from.
And here what the customer selected.
She wanted a blue bicycle that she selected from my painting that I posted previously -  (see Hot Hot Chocolate for reference).
Then the customer decided she wanted a bread in the basket of the bicycle, just like in my French Bakery painting.
She also wanted the basket to be round and light yellow, and a plant on the ground, like it was in the French Cafe painting, but I was asked to "plant" lavender instead of geranium.
I also offered my customer to choose the cutout on the window shutter and asked her to send me a few photos of her pets, her lovely cats. I wanted to make the painting personal by placing her favorite kitties on the artwork.

Then, after the composition  was settled, I made a little sketch to finalize the colors:
bicycle with basket
The painting process cannot be started until the careful drawing is completed. It took me a while to draw such a large format. 
After drawing was done, I have reserved the spaces with small details in order to paint the large areas:

watercolor painting process

After several washes on the window, I moved along to one detail after another. I painted the window trim,the shutters, started "weaving" the basket, and "planted" the lavender:

painting basket flowers window shutters

I can't even say what was the most fun to paint, all the details were so interesting, so different, and so enjoyable. I loved to create the different textures: the wood of the shutters, the smoothness of the window glass, the sandy texture of the brick wall, and of course a warm beige of a freshly baked bread. 

And I left the kitty cats for a dessert. I painted them last:

realism in watercolors

When painting was completed, I created a digital design of just the cats; and, I send them, virtually of course, to a "Cats Museum" in my Pets Gallery. They were too cute to resist. 

watercolor cat and butterflies

The good part, and I am so excited about it, that now any painting of mine can be placed not only on paper, canvas or metal print; there are also pillows creations available.
I was curious how the painting look like on the pillow, and here it is: 
bicycle with basket and bread
But not only the pillows, the tote bags are also in style.. the country style :)

bicycle with basket flowers and bread

The realistic painting on the pillow and bag is sweet; but, I wanted to make some kind of Abstract country style from some of the elements of the initial painting.

And the abstract designs with flowery country quilts were created. It is hard to stop me as an artist to explore different options, play with colors, shapes and compositions:


abstract design

abstract painting

abstract squares

abstract painting

abstract painting

abstract design
All the designs above are from my website www.artirina.com

However, my Zazzle store hasn't been left aside. There, I made a country style quilted coasters designs:
abstract design


And, while I was creating coasters, I realized, that Zazzle now offering throw blankets together with coasters, etc. 
The Country style Quilted designs were applied there as well: 


quilt abstract

And that how one interesting commission painting can inspire the artist for numerous and diverse creations. 

Live to create!!!
 :)

As always more creative art at www.artirina.com 



Popular Posts