Pacific Ocean Shore

realism in watercolor

This Sailboat At The Shore painting was a great addition to my Sea Ocean Lakes and Plein-Air galleries.

I found this peaceful scene on one of my field trips to the Pacific Ocean, right next to the Hearst Caste (San Simeon) peer. 

The weather couldn't be better. The sun was gently warming up the beach. The boat did not move as if it was sitting there in the waters just for me. The passing by tourists were asking me jokingly: "Have you hired this boat?". Some complimented my painting: "Oh, it is exactly how I see it!", and "Cool! Looks just like a picture!" 

I smiled.

I love painting plein-air (open air , outside) style. Lots of interactions and fast pace in painting, which call for fresh brush strokes, quick decisions on composition; and, of course, a feedback from the observers :0)


www.artirina.com


Popular Posts