French Cafe

Country style illustration

I have created this French Café painting as the part of brainstorming for a special commission for one of my dear customers. The customer said that she wanted a bicycle with the basket full of flowers standing next to the window. And she proposed the idea of some French cafe.
I loved the idea so much that I got cared away with tons of ideas, and this started a whole new series that I called

The painting above has a sweet little story in it for sure. 

I imagined a girl who was riding her bicycle to a flower stand at the local farmers market. Then, she placed the flowers into the bicycle's  basket and went to the cafe to meet with the friend. The warm sunny day called for a good conversation that Saturday morning. The girls chatted long and even didn't noticed the time passing by. The Sun was moving the shadows along the wall, but nothing would break that sweet tête-à-tête  between two girlfriends. 

Then, I have decided to create a few more stories and few more little painting on French Country before starting the new commission. In this case, my customer and I could work together on discussing the final composition details.

More painting to come soon 
:)


www.artirina.com

Popular Posts