In The Garden

realism in watercolor gazebo

I called this painting In The Garden though this name is more applicable to a series that is getting bigger month after month.
Visualizing this landscape was easy for me. The whole composition just popped up in front of my eyes, in my mind. And then I just needed to apply what I imagined on the paper.

I imagined a soft breeze playing with the tops of the cypress trees. Some pink and purple flowers in the flower bed are competing in their beauty with the red geranium in the decorative vases. Only the songs of the birds are interrupting the peaceful moment in the garden.

A little girl just woke up after a nice nap. She is sitting on the steps of the house, and looking at the garden. Yet she is not along as you can notice. The garden gazebo is welcoming some light figure there. Was it a trick that the afternoon shadows were playing; or, a young lady is coming up to the steps in her shimmering dress? Perhaps, she is a visitor from a dream. The girl is half asleep. She is holding her favorite toy, her Teddy Bear. The afternoon sun is warming up the ground and the tiles of the steps. It is a beautiful peaceful time, when a dream mixes up with reality. It is a warm Summer day, good for a daydreaming and a nice walk.  

Here is a few other paintings from In The Garden series that came out of my imagination recently:

Girl Reading book painting

realism in watercolor


www.artirina.com

Popular Posts