Abstract Florals

red yellow brown design

From the realistic floral (in recent post) I moved to semi-abstract ones. 
I was in search of organic lines that might imply the flowers or leaves; but, meanwhile remain the lines allowing the colors and composition speak for themselves.

I started with warmer color.
And a chosen medium for these designs was acrylic paint. It is water based color; but, the good part, it allowed me to place nice and juicy brush strokes that had some kind of body (thick, visible, and distinguished).

And that how the top design was born. One can see there a flower, some leaves, even a seed pods full of life and color.

Then I moved to a flamboyant leaves that can be an implication of the flickering game of light in a fireplace: 
red yellow home decor

acrylic abstract

yellow red brown design

After warming up my heart and getting a good warm-up with my brush, I moved to a cooler color and this whimsical forest was created: 
blue green acrylic art
 Then even cooler colors came up (ultramarine and purple). They helped me to pour the waves and wind into these abstract floral designs:

organic painting
It was interesting to switch from realism to the abstract, from watercolor to acrylic. Once in a while every artist should try this; to me it helped to "abstract" from what I was doing before and tickle my imagination. 

www.artirina.com 

Popular Posts