Artist Blossoms

impressoinism in watercolor

Artist's development is usually seen in his or her paintings. Throughout the years one can notice how an artist blossoms.
I've recently looked at my paintings of blossoms and clearly so that tendency.
Above painting of Cherry Blossoms was painted when I was around nine years old. Thanks to my dad he saved that watercolor to show me now.
I like that art piece. It has some sort of minimalistic and Impressionistic characteristics. Simple, sweet, and straight forward.
Later on, I became interested in details.
The next blossoms painted decades and decades later, show more realistic approach.

watercolor

realism in watercolor

The play of contrast of white of the flower against a dark background in Apricot Blossom painting:
flowers


And finally, my favorite this days, the Oleander Blossoms, where I painted white of the flower using multiple washes of light yellow, pink and violet:
realism in watercolor

I can say that as an artist, I was blossoming with my blossoms, working on the techniques and trying to bring out the beauty of each flower.



Popular Posts